Tuesday 30 April 2019

TI Invaders (TI-99/4A) gameplay footage

                            

I played this game in the 1980s with the TI-99/4A (I guess that is the exact brand of TI he had) home computer of my older brother's (it is now 2019). When you finish a screen or some screens, that spaceship comes on (same spaceship as the one at 4:37 in this video, I think; not sure, and I don't have my headphones with me to hear the sound of it for more evidence it is the same spaceship). You would hit it, and it reverses its travelling direction, and shrinks in size then, as well. The best I ever did with that situation: one time, I hit that space ship, I don't know, maybe about 8 times or so I guess, where it was such a small spaceship or almost a dot (can't remember; and it was in the 1980s)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It shows I was good at leading the target (and lucky that time!).

EDIT: I believe that is the spaceship (at 4:37 of video) . But I remembered it to be yellow in color. Maybe it's just the television color adjustment??? But it's been about 30 years, so my memory could be incorrect about the color.

EDIT #2: It might or might not have been this: When the spaceship reverses travel direction after being hit by a shot of mine, it increases in travel speed, so that after I hit it about 7 times or so (I can't remember exactly how many times I hit it), it was going fast.

samsarictravelling

No comments:

Post a Comment