Thursday 17 May 2018

This is a continuation of the post 'My late Uncle Lap (aka Minh Thanh) created the Van Hien Study Group, I assume. It is a "famous" Mahayana Buddhism group.'

This is a continuation of the post 'My late Uncle Lap (aka Minh Thanh) created the Van Hien Study Group, I assume. It is a "famous" Mahayana Buddhism group.' -- https://samsarictravelling.blogspot.ca/2018/04/my-late-uncle-lap-le-created-van-hien.html :

The ID 'ItsRaining' posted the below reply in my intoduction-of-myself post at Dharma Wheel -- https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28424 :

I really liked that book probably one of the best ones on the Mahayana I've read.

My reply to ItsRaining's post (not sure when it will show up in the introduction-to-myself discussion; it has to be approved first (as usual)):

I apologize for the delay in a reply. I was leaving the public internet world (not  private, though) taking a undetermined length (maybe forever?), but I read your post and am replying now. You're welcome, Minh Thanh might say. P. D. Leigh is still alive (as far as I believe) so she (if P. D. Leigh is actually my aunt), might be happy ( who knows :D -- I have my aunt 'P's email, though).

My Uncle Lap worked for the Vietnamese embassy (in New York City?) for the United Nations, He was the 3rd secretary of the Vietnamese embassy, almost equal in power -- or virtually equal in power with the main diplomat -- or secretary? -- of the Vietnam embassy as like when sitting in the United Nations assembly, I think my dad told me (not sure if I understood him correctly, or if he has the facts all correct). I had his UNFPA (United Nations Fund for Population Activities) ID card in my possession once. He also worked for the Vietnamese embassy in Japan, I think my dad also said. He also spent time in Rwanda -- not sure of the name of the African country.

Dieu Phung was my grandmother (she's in the Van Hien Study Group, also).

The late Forrest Smith (hey, I have a 'Forrest' in my family tree -- same spelling as the movie 'Forrest Gump'), who is the late husband of one of my other aunts, was editor of another one of these books from the Van Hien Study Group.

What does the name 'Van Hien' of Van Hien Study Group stand for? Van Hien is the middle and first name (in that order) of Nguyen Van Hien (last-middle-first names), who was the father of my already-mentioned grandmother Dieu Phung. He was something like Minister of Interior, working for the last king situated in Hue. My dad told me this. My other uncle -- never mentioned by me before -- told me some years ago, our family is like 1% of the Vietnamese population, meaning not many families in Vietnam have gained our status in society. :D There's more to my family tree, but I won't mention it...

Now you know somethings about my family. :)

These days I only come on the internet on Thursdays for private stuff, but I may ( or may not :D ) reply to any post(s) then. Good for my eyes not using internet too much. One day a week, therefore (for now, at least).

Again: Thank you ItsRaining for your post praising of the book.

From,
Le Dinh Ai (my name spelt Vietnamese-style with last,middle, and first name order)

No comments:

Post a Comment