Tuesday 3 July 2018

Continuing in my talking about my family at https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28424

I just posted the below at 'Dharma Wheel' message board in my continued discussion about my family at https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28424 (and it was approved for publishing right away! Quick approval this time!). But I did some minor punctuation correction to the repost of it here.This continued discussion about my family is here at this blog also, the last post about my family at http://samsarictravelling.blogspot.com/2018/05/this-is-continuation-of-post-my-late.html :

I phoned my Aunt 'P.' (yes, I actually have her phone number, and she did come to Canada twice in the last 10 or so years (so did my other Aunt)) to see if she was the 'P.D. Leigh' who co-authored the books with my Uncle Lap (aka Minh Thanh). This phone call was about 3 weeks to a month ago, and was a recorded message left on the answering service.

I did not know she emailed a reply, instead of phoning with a reply, until I checked one of my main emails 15 days after she sent the email. I thought she did not want to talk to me so never phoned back, or for some other reason or reasons she did not phone back. I only had a bit of an idea she might have sent an email reply instead, but never checked the email account she would send one to if she did, until 15 days after she actually did send an email.

That email said 'P.D. Leigh' is her name, and the 'Leigh' is an Anglicization of 'Le'. 'Leigh' is actually how the last name 'Le' sounds like if spoken.

That's all.

Happy Fourth of July, America.

Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment